Monday, April 12, 2010

Recycled and rhinestones vintage silver plated flatware garden markers gift tags and then some

These recycled or if you prefer "upcycled" silver plated flatware garden markers were from an abandoned  wind chime project.  They make fun flower picks, cheese markers and gift tags.  Some will be bent for place cards,  napkin rings, hooks, business card holders...and more. Maybe, we will get to that wind chime project yet, using stamped spoons of course.


My DB stamped a teaspoon with "beach" for the "toffee twist" beach grass
and hand engraved the other side.

So sweet of him.

Then we made some more.



including another "beach" with some tiny tiny little starfish.


I'm thinking beach wedding or party just plop these in container 
filled with sand, a votive candle and some shells.
No need to worry about the flowers drooping in the hot sun.

  Sweetie also surprised me with this "By The Sea"
to match some of my ribbons. I couldn't believe all of
the work that went into it.

 
I thought he was building something with all the hammering going on.
  Turns out it was the starfish!



Soup sized spoon turned inspirational message
(A fun look in old milk bottles and jars.)


Knives usually have to be stamped on the blade
because the handles are usually hollow.

Every once in awhile we find ones that can be
stamped on the handle which worked out
for this custom order.



A few cheese markers, a colleague gave me the idea.


Brie lover's please forgive the faux pas, this was the only
cheese in the house.

Gold colored stainless flatware too.

My absolute favorite is this one.
Fancied up with vintage rhinestones.
Made as a little surprise.
I was tempted to keep adding more.

Placement of the embellishment depends on the size and depth of the
spoon's bowl, how it flattens during the hammering and length of the word

Some ideas for others in the works.




 

Let me know what you think of them, good, bad or indifferent.
The marker,tags are available in my Etsy shop. 
Custom words available


Thanks for stopping by.

31 comments:

Beach House 27 said...

F A B U L O U S - I'm going over to Etsy right away.

I think I NEED these -

Marsha

Sanity Fair said...

These are JUST charming!!! So darling! I really love the matched sets you've put together, as well as the ones with rhinestones (the dream one is particularly my favorite). I haven't seen that done anywhere.

Lindsay said...

These are absolutely adorable!! I'm in love! xx

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

These are fabulous and such a good recycled gift. the garden markers are so clever! I am looking to do an Etsy favorite for a blog post, mind if I borrow some of your photos. Let me know. XO

annechovie said...

These are brillaint - so fun!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So charming~ I especially love the ones with the added bling!

sealaura said...

these are fantastic! I would love one that said sealaura and the ones in the planter look so fab. I definitely digg!

Antique Shows said...

Love these, what great little gift ideas!
Really like the garden markers..

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Fantabulous! Your Manly Man made these Awesome.He did a great job and Yes I want some too.~Cheers Kim

Unknown said...

These are just lovely. What wonderful gifts and what a great idea. I am going over to check out your Etsy store now! xx

Velvet Over Steel said...

Very creative idea! I LOVE them! You have lots of creative and fun stuff on your site! So glad I found you so I can follow!! I'll be back soon!
~ Coreen

La Dolfina said...

Rita, you are uber talented!!!
These are fantastic. You rock my friend... your talents never cease to amaze!!
Your photos are beautiful and really capture the items perfectly!!
Get prepared for lots of shipping!!
XOX

Everything Coastal said...

Very sweet project! Thanks for sharing, I will be hoping for lots of orders for you!

Burlap Luxe said...

You have soooo! inspired me I have the letter punch to do these and Have not gotten the chance to get together enough flatware to create with yet. I want to come up with something else to creativly create with them.

I ADORE YOURS I see several That I would scoop up right now!!

See you soon
Dore

beachvintage.com said...

OMG I adore them.

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely fabulous! Of course, my favorites are the starfish and beach markers, but I could easily be happy with any (and all) of them. What a clever way to "upcycle."

Marija said...

I have to tell you - I think these are great! Totally creative AND useful! Marija

Donna said...

Those are so unique and adorable!

Living It At Home said...

These are too cute! Love what you did with them. So unique! I will check out your shop.

Simple Daisy said...

Love them!!! So cute:)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh my, I'm in love! I adore putting things like this in my garden and fairy gardens!
Brenda

Melanie said...

Those are just too fabulous for words!!! I love them!!! Look out Etsy! Here I come! :-))

Have a wonderful weekend!
Melanie

Cashon&Co said...

w-w-wait...you did these?? They are INCREDIBLE! When I started looking at them, before I read what you wrote, i was thinking to myself "how is it that people are so darn creative they are always coming up with new things that I have NEVER seen before?" and there you go! you are one of those rare people!!! The garden markers are the cutest things ever. i think after I meet my friends for lunch, i am coming home and buying some on your Etsy shop for my mother-in-law for her birthday.

Anonymous said...

What do I think of them??? I LOVE them especially your beach wedding idea. I am trying desperately to talk my son into a beach wedding and if I succeed will definitely be getting some of those for table decor. :)

the old boathouse said...

I think this is perhaps one of the best ideas I have seen in ages. They are wonderful and as you say have endless applications. We get tones of old cutlery and most of it ends up in the recycling if sets cannot be made...I think this is just so great...yes I realize I am rambling but truly you are so clever...I have seen the mobiles/windchimes and also the jewelery..I had a fork brooch which i loved but these are so wonderful!!!!!Will be telling all, cheers Katherine

red ticking said...

these are darling. happy weekend! xx

debra@dustjacket said...

I love this type of thing, it's so interesting and original.
xoxo

The Weathered Bungalow said...

Oh my gosh these are fabulous! I love them...what a great idea! I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling them!

xoxo, Meredith

Unknown said...

These stamped spoons are incredible. I especially love the herb ones "basil" to put in pots. Amazing creativity!!!! Can I post about your Etsy items on the Herb Stamped Spoons? I would connect them to your site. I just adore your creative mind!

Erica Cook said...

These are amazing! xo

Shabby Jen said...

I love love love the ones with the rhinestones on them. How sweet. Oh and I love the one for cheese. Great idea!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.