Friday, March 18, 2011

Shells and Ships on my wrist

When I saw this fabulous nautical bracelet I was head over heels smitten.  It had several of my favorite nautical beachy icons.


(click to enlarge)

From pearls and shells


to jeweled anchors

Should or shouldn't I? I pondered.
It's kind of large. It's kind of bold and not something I could
wear to work unless it was a meeting only day.

It's really unique,
It's beautifully made

It's too expensive; especially now.
I could wear it.....hmmm I don't really go anywhere.


Look at that dangling anchor.....
I thought about it for a week....and its sort of sister bracelet.

Finally, deciding while I liked them both I could only have one
and even one was way more then I should.


It was the Seahorse toggle that sealed the deal.

I am now ready for dockside cocktails or dining.
In the meantime, my wrist was in all its glory pushing the cart down the grocery store isles.

14 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oooo it's fabulous! Love them myself~Cheers Kim

Kathysue said...

OOOOh How could you refuse, they are both beautiful!!! Good choices and I can see why it was so hard to choose. I have been looking at a few Spring clothes this week myself and I have had to refuse myself several times. Kathysue

beachcomber said...

beautiful!

Privet and Holly said...

I can just
picture you
jauntily pushing
your cart, your
new gorgeous
bracelet jingling
merrily! Yay
for you!!
Happy Weekend,
xx Suzanne

rjerdee said...

Such a cute post! so feminine in its nature...you made me smile :)

Seawashed said...

That will be fun to wear to a seaside cocktail party! Hope all is well with you...seems many of us have had to step back from blogging. Know that even though I haven't been around as much I do think of you. ox

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Oh, those bracelets are so perfect for you. Enjoy. XO

Arabella said...

WOW! Lucky you - the bracelet is divine, Rita! You have to be the best dressed gal at the supermarket :O) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Burlap Luxe said...

It's beautiful Rita,
I would have had to have had it as well!
It is sooooo! you :)

Thank you for your beautiful visit and your comments mean the most to me!

Inspiring the ocean is what I think of when you come for a visit. Thank you for being my friend, you have inspired me more than you know.
xoxo
Dore

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh it's fabulous Rita.. and so you.. and me and everyone else out here who loves the sea...

You know I saw something similar in Noosa.. not nautical.. but quite eye catching. Apparently imported for France.. so why the price tag!! haha.. needless to say.. still in the shop..

Hope you have a lovely week.. ciao xxxx Julie

deborah said...

see? all dressed up and still somewhere to go. the broccoli and turnips will be impressed:) i like even numbers and sister bracelets will be happier, together. yeah, i can talk myself into or out of anything. wonderful!!!!

S and O said...

what a gorgeous creation...I love that little anchor pendant :)
xoxo
Olivia

Completely Coastal said...

I'm just seeing this now. So very gorgeous!!!! It must have a nice weight to it too!

sealaura said...

I can see why your were so smitten. very beautiful and classy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.