Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nolasco Designs - Logo Design and Branding

If you are looking for a logo or business branding design let me share my experience with Michael of Nolasco Design  I had some idea in mind of what I wanted from color to overall look for my new shop Blue Sail Studios.

 The process starts with purchasing a listing from his shop on Etsy or contacting via his website. You will receive a questionnaire to complete about what you are looking for and send it back.

Michael was great about letting me know when I could expect to have some concepts.


 He also let me know the best way for us to communicate with each other so we remained on the same page with everything.


Michael presented a number of designs that out of the box were right on target of classic, crisp, and clean looking.  It was hard to narrow down the favorites.



One concept was to me, bold, strong and a bit modern looking instead of understated.  Not what I would normally select. I put it aside concentrating on the others until I went back and reviewed a question he had asked and my answer which was build a "brand".

I feel there is a difference between a business logo and branding. I may be wrong on that; who knows.
I think Michael designed all of them looking further into the future than I did. In the end the bolder, modern, yet, still easy on the eyes logo won out as the primary choice.  The more I look at it, the more possibilities I see.


I do hope at some point to incorporate at least one of the other two I liked.  Tell me what you think of it.


The fine required print. This is not an paid advertisement or endorsement and compensation has not been received. The post was to share my experience working with Nolasco Designs.


9 comments:

Seawashed said...

Very nice. It's interesting because I just designed my own logo, using my own art and went for a crisp, simple, clear design as well.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love it! I think the clear, crisp design is perfectly suited to what you're doing! It must be fun fun choosing something to represent your business!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Rita
I like how the boat seems to be sailing into the future!! A bright future I'm sure..

Have a great week and thanks for your lovely comments .. ciao xxx Julie

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

Fantastic, bold, strong & professional ... great choice!
x
Melissah

Company Logo Design said...

Hmm... look so nice and creative one. i like this great post...

Burlap Luxe said...

Wonderful Rita, This is my background (Graphic Arts) I designs Logos as well, but have gotten away from it to busy with interior designing with the Model homes I work on. But I did just do a bit on my side bar with full name as to woh to email :)

Thank you for unique beauty over here.

Thank you for your gracing my place/site with your beauty.
xoxo
Dore

Karena said...

Rita I love your design, the color palette of blue and gray against white...Bravo!

I hope you will enter my Giveaway from Tina of the Enchanted Home!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Logo Design said...

Awesome and such a beautiful logo design inspiration post... I like it all. Great post and waiting for another this type of post.

Logo Design said...

This is the same article what i was searching for. Thank you for taking time to post.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.