Sunday, October 9, 2011

Seahorse Mugs by Karrita Renzelmann. Custom handmade in America Beauties.

I spotted these large and lovely seahorse mugs in Karrita Renzelmann's Etsy shop My Mother's Garden.


 She also has starfish cups.

I wrote asking if she could make the seahorse cups 
where just the seahorse would have a light blue wash
and the rest of the cup in the lightest white she could do.
 
I admit to a bit of sticker shock at first. 
Me, that also crafts handmade items for sale.

Helloooo! 
Wait a minute; handmade custom colored cups just for me.
I thought about the process which is long.
Shaping the clay.
The clay has to dry slowly, be fired, fired again.
Firing up a kiln alone is small fortune

Handmade in America!

Original handmade custom works of art.
Something we can enjoy each morning.

My photos do not do them justice.
The seahorse has more blue and the white is lighter.
These are tall heavy cups.
Karrita even made them in his and hers; how sweet!
One holds 16 ounces and the other 14 ounces.


When I opened the box they were a sight to behold 
and well worth every penny and the three week wait.


Now I see Karrita came out with Mermaid cups.
I like nice looking mermaids and may have to get those too.

Go on treat yourself.  

14 comments:

My Mother's Garden said...

Wow! Rita, I am both honored and delighted to see how you shared these cups! Thanks for making my day. Gorgeous blog. :)

Leo said...

These are beautiful. So pretty. They are like works of art.

Karena said...

Rita these are just gorgeous and I am off to her shop right now. bravo Karrita!!

I would love your thoughts on my Autumn decor so far, oh and I have a new giveaway...

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

iheartsunnydays said...

WOW - they are divine! I'm just popping over to check the shop out now. Thanks :)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Rita
They're fabulous and I prefer the white/light blue also.. I must check her out... and check out the mermaids!!

Have a lovely week and thanks for your kind comments.. ciao xxx Julie

Everything Coastal said...

These are totally adorable! Thanks for showcasing them on your blog - what fun to have a set made just for you.

Caron

An Island Mom said...

Love the idea of bringing out the blue in the seahorses, and the bigger sizes. I have a plain white seahorse cup that I like, but these are really striking.

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

I love the white ones that are very beachy!
x
Melissah

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Those are really special, and truly beautiful!

Bring Pretty Back said...

The mugs are beautiful - and special because they were exactly what you wanted. I absolutely love seahorses - did you know they mate for life -and it's so sweet - every day they wind their tails together like a little hug. I just think they are so sweet.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Privet and Holly said...

Love the seahorse
mugs, especially.
I just adore your
beachy life!
xx Suzanne

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!

S and O said...

Oh those are really beautiful!
I really love the seahorse mugs; they look like chocolate :D
Xoxo
Sarah

Disposable Tableware said...

Lovely mugs! I can taste the sea while looking at these mugs. I really like the white one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.