Thursday, October 11, 2012

Semi DIY - Nautical and Mermaid Cabochon Magnets

Semi DIY refrigerator magnet makeover. Easy, peasy! Our refrigerator has a few magnets ranging from cooking measurements, to bare, plain and boring.  Mind you, there aren't many but, I wanted to get some that were of similar themes.

I didn't see ones I liked and remembered a shop on Etsy called Flora's Findings that was so helpful to me months before regarding shipping insurance.

Flora literally has hundreds of glass cabochon cameos in all sorts of themes that she makes. She offers setting frames for them separately that you glue the cabochon into. 


I only needed four maybe, six.  I couldn't decide what to get and ended up with ten!
 I went with two ships, four mermaids, and four lighthouses.

close up of the setting frames.

Flora included some care info with the cabochons.


Glue a good size magnet on the back using glue suitable for metals, and viola!  Your magnet board or refrigerator will have a mini makeover.




I like the ships the best.  What ones are your favorite?


5 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Those are fabulous! They would be so perfect @ our Beach Cottage.Hard to choose a fav though, I like them all.They look pretty nice on that weathered wood~Cheers Kim

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Those are so charming! I will have to visit her shop! And I loved your beachy pumpkins, too!

Completely Coastal said...

Both ships and lighthouses! Sweet!!

rjerdee said...

Oh, these are lovely. And my favorites are the ships, of course. Nothing like a sailing ship!

annechovie said...

Love the lighthouses, Rita! Have a great weekend! xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.